We base our workplace health, safety and rehabilitation policy on achieving excellence through safe, secure, reliable, efficient, incident free and environmentally sound execution — all work-related injuries and incidents are preventable.
We achieve these goals by following the Safe Management Plan (SMP), the approved site specific rules, and job specific Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS).
Effective management of Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) objectives requires the commitment of all personnel involved in the work through the application of the following:
- Proactive safety leadership by all stakeholders
- Displaying and practicing safe behaviours and acts
- Detailed planning including hazard identification, risk assessment, effective control of work activities, and review of the effectiveness of these controls
- Safe working practices (SWP), safe operating procedures (SOP) which meet or exceed HSE legislative requirements
- Responsible supervision of all project personnel
- Regular safety awareness through inductions, training, daily works meetings, pre starts and tool box talks
- Safety promotion during projects to increase awareness amongst all personnel
- Prompt feedback on safety concerns raised by personnel
- Prompt incident reporting and incident investigation to prevent reoccurrence
- Effective risk assessment of all plant, machinery and work activities
- Provide effective management, organisation and response in emergency situations
- Ensuring the work team is totally committed to achieving our objectives
- Providing effective injury management and rehabilitation for all employees